Saturday, April 7, 2007

AC trip

I hv been playing absolutely horrid online last few days....the whole enviroment is not very conducive for playing at present. I am literaly living in trash, thankfully I hv housecleaners coming in on Monday to clean the place up, I know, finally!
Last night, I went down to AC with a few frnds....it was quite randomn and unplanned. I am sick of loosing online this mnth (-4.5k), so was looking for a break anyways, when my frnds told me tht they were gonna drive down (hate the train ride) I decided to go mess around a little bit at 2-5 NL. The very first hand I got stacked for 500$, I had KQc and raised to 20 got 2 callers (first hand of newly started 2-5 Nl table, we were 5 handed tht time). Flop came K 4 6, I bet out 35 and got 1 caller, turn was a Q giving me top 2, I bet out 50 he raised to 100, I thought and pushed the remaining of my 500 stack and he called me with 44. No luck on river. Thts an ugly way to start off, but it was definitely going to be difficult getting away from top 2 on tht board and the hyper aggressive AC players I am used too.....anywyas I was able to recover when I hit a set of 3's against 2 opponents and then I made a small profit when I called a guy down with 44 on T J 6 3 8 board...for a 550$ pot, he had AQ, the exact hand I put him on. I left the table up 160$ and decided to play the biggest bingo tournament of them all-The midnight madness at the Taj (blinds increase every 12 mins). Its a 80$ buy in with 163 and u get 12k starting chips with decent INITIAL levels (man they go up very fast). I ran pretty god like, despite playing avg at very best. All my hands held up too and I was able to make the final table comfortably. The way I was running I felt like Jamie Gold III, 3rd since there was this other guy who ran like god, so he wud be Jamie Gold II. He took 6 people in 11 hands at the final table...sick. We ended HU and he took me out when I made a pretty weak call with mid pair against his top 2. Yuk, ah well atleast got 2.6k...not bad for 80$ investment, first was 4,987$, for which I could hv definitely tried harder. This put me to around -2k for the mnth....still very early in the mnth, so I am still hopeful to turn things around.
Today, I am taking a day off from poker...my room is too messy to sit here and play all night, planning to go out tonight and get shit faced drunk, then get a good night's sleep for big day tomorrow. Will be playing my best game tomorrow, lot of majors and lot of money is going to be out there and I definitely need to step up and play my A game. I hv been playing my C game for most part this mnth and I am not at all pleased with it. Hopefully tomorrow will be my day, if I do not win I atleast hope I play my best, kinds a depressing when u play like a donk and hv 2.5k in buy ins...

No comments: