Sunday, June 10, 2007

Vegasss

Its been crazy last few days..here is quick update on wats going on:
Friday: Landed around 10 pm local time, went to the house dropped off my luggage and then took a cab to the Emergency Room (The cut from my hand had gotten infected and was paining like a bitch...why do I do crazy things when I am drunk?), thankfully there wasnt a long wait and the doctors and nurses there were amazing, I usually hate hospital staff. I had to take tetnis shot and some medicines after they cleared the wound and I was ready to go. Next stop was the Rio, I was hoping to register for the 1500 event on Sarurday, but the line was plain out insane. Anyways I hungout there for a while and then headed back to the house. I was really beat, but I still chilled with my roommates before finally passing out.
Total Money spent-120$ (mainly cab rides and food)
Saturday: We woke up early in a bid to reach the Rio and sign up for the event, again the line was just too brutal, so instead we headed to the Venetian to play the 500$ deepstack. No luck there for me QQ vs AA, after that I came to the Rio to sweat some frnds. In the smaller tourny room I saw Imperium at the side table, I went over and introduced myself. He was shortstacked and told me to sit behind him till someone comes and tells me to leave. It was fun watching him play, although it didnt last long the play he made was just str8 out sick. John Pham raised cut off to 600 (100-200), button repopped to 1800, Imperium with his 2600 stack just flat called...yes, just flat called, John Pham seemed a little confused but he finally called the 1200 more. Flop was K 9 3, Imperium leeds out 475 leaving himself 400 or so chips. John Pham starts scratching his head and says that he is very confused and doesnt know wat to do, he finally mucks, button pushes imperium all in and shows 79 only to hit runner runner boat. After that we went and had buffet lunch, on our way there I met number of online pros-DRY, asiandude77 and few others. After lunch I headed back to the venetian to sweat some frnds, I played a 240$ sng but lost 44 vs JQs with 5 left. I was pretty tired by now and a little drunk too, after just hanging out there for couple of more hrs we headed back to the house, where I just passed out and had solid 8-9 hrs of sleep...ah I feel so good today.
Total expenses-1200$ (tourny buyins, cab rides and food)
Sunday: They hv a limit event at the wsop, I hate limit so instead I am going to the Ventian to play the 1k, it shud be a huge field and 1st place will be close to 150k, yum yum. Hopefully I can make a deep run in it, if I make the final table I will miss the 2.5k event tomorrow since the final table is next day, but if not I will be playing the event tomorrow, no matter how big the sign up line is.
Total Money spent so far:1320$

No comments: