Thursday, June 14, 2007

12hrs of poker and no $

The 5k event got 631 players...this was a god event and we started with 10k chips. I liked my starting table, it was very aggressive and I decided to pace myself. I played veyr solid for the most part, but then I switched it up a bit and raised few hands in a row and was able to take down few pots without much resistance. I ended level 2 (each level was 1 hr) with 12k. I was upto 17k by level 4 and thts when I got moved to a very tough table. I lost a big pot to my frnd deeznutz when he rivered his 3 outer on me but I was still comofrtable at 9kish at 200-400 level. I got my dbl up in the 300-600 level when I defnded my bb with A8s, flop came 8 4s 6s and we got it allin on the turn when 4d came, he had 55 (ty sir). I was upto 18k and started playing more aggressive, I made a good semi bluff with QK on T J 3 board and was able to 3 barrel a weak player to pick up another big pot. At dinner break I was crusing at 30k with a lot of play left. Basically I was card dead and didnt pick up anything for the longest time, but I used my image well and always had enuf chips to not got desperate. We were down 130ish people 63 paid (money bubble was 11ksih...11k is a lot of money) and I was honestly trying to make it. I opened pot for 3700 utg with KJo (600-1200 100 ante) and BB was the only caller. FLop came K 5d 8d and he instantly led out 4500 I pushed for 22k or so more and after thinking forever he called with A4d (for his tourny life..but I dont mind tht call, if u feel like gambling please do it...I always do tht) only to river the 9d for almost 65kish pot when avg was 38k..tht along with money bubble approaching I cud hv done damage...but 12 hrs of poker and no cash isnt tht bad, atleast I played well. I am down quite a bit now this trip and its time to grind, but Ihv my confidence back to play live so thts a god thing, playing the 2k tomorrow and playing online all day today.
O ranked 37th now :)

No comments: