Thursday, June 7, 2007

My goals for wsop..

Its time. As most of u know I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow, this will be my 2nd yr in WSOP (last yr I won my seat to the Main Event on bodog and went out there for 2 weeks). Last yr it was brutal, not only did I spend a large part of my BR, I also played very poorly and let people run me over. This yr its different, I am more experienced and a much stronger player (believe me, I am gonna be doing all the running over on my table), this yr I actually hv some goals for the wsop whereas last yr I went mostly for the experience with little knowledge of what to expect.
My goals this yr:
I am taking 40k to Vegas, this is my budget for my entire trip till I leave for India. This 40k includes buy ins, rent, food and entertainment expenses. My goal is to play all the remaining NL holdem events with the exception of the heads up event(I am 15k short imo to play all the events, so I wud hv to make some money on the side to play all). Besides playing all events I am also trying to break even for the trip, as in I wud be on cloud 9 if I can actually hv 40k cash at the end of the trip. Besdies this I want to cash in atleast 33% of the tournies I will be playing.
40k is a juicy part of my BR, but if I loose it, I will still be comfortable to play the limits I have been playing, my BR is at its all time highest and 40k is sip but not a very steep one. I have also recently put away a decent chunk of my recent winnings and have left myself 35k to play with online. One of the reasons I just left 35k online was that I dont intend t play a lot online in the coming weeks, although when I go back to India I will be on the online tournament circuit again. I hv come to terms with the fact that as a result of not playing online extensively in the coming weeks my ranking will drop, I have been climbing steadily and am at my all time best of 45th,
This is from this week's rakings update article from www.pocketfives.com:
"Aditya "Intervention" Agarwal and Scott "SCTrojans" Freeman shot up through the rankings this week in a way few are able to match. Each gained 16 spots en route to the top 50--a rare jump for anyone that high in the rankings. SCTrojans finished off his third Triple Crown in the month of May last week, while Intervention became an early leader in the June PLB after winning the $100 rebuy on Stars for $41k and taking down the Full Tilt $150 earlier in the week."
I will work extra hard during the summer and bumb it up again, but for now I dont think I am going to be mentioned in the rankings update for a while...its time for me to go and pwn live poker, although I will play online every now and then.
I will be arriving in Vgeas tomorrow afternoon and might play the 2nd chance tourny, if not that I will be making my debut at the wsop this yr in the 1500$ event on Saturday. I will be posting often from Vegas so add my blog link as a favrite to check on my progress.

No comments: