Monday, June 4, 2007

Big Sunday

Yesterday I played a whole bunch of tounries and had decent success in few of them.
I started by taking 7th in the big afternoon 100R (44 vs 55), I shud hv folded my 44 but I had folded tht hand a few hands before when if I hadnt, I wud hv trippled up, tht and being severely shortstacked I became stubborn with the muppet pair. Ah well hopefully I will learn from this. 7th was good for 3k sth.
I was running over UB and was CL for most part of the tournament, I was running real good, tht was right till we got very deep, thts when things starting going bad. Everytime I opened the pot someone came over the top of me...it was brutal, after bleeding off a lot of chips I decided to make a stand, once again with 44 (this was different situation than the 100r) and this time I was called by AT....no luck in tht race gg for 18th, payout was 1200. THis was veyr frustrating, since I was really looking forward to final tabling a major.
I was deep in FT 400k too, again a big field tourny and after 5 hrs deep I got faked, when KT shoved for 10 bb from mid position and then another guy tried isolating with ATc on the button, I woke up with KK in bb and called, it was a monster pot and I was screwed when the flop came A T 3, I was drawing to 1 out. I somehow rallied back to avg stack and got it all in with my 33 vs AQ, big pot again and again I didnt hv any luck in tht flip. If I win tht flop I cud hv run over the table and given myself a realistic chance of going deeeep.
But, in my last tourny of the night I was able to chop the 100r 3 ways for 32.5k,I had a decent chip lead 3 handed and despite 1st being 41k I felt it was a good chop since I am looking for some Vegas money and by no means I had an edge 3 handed with those players(gboro and brsavage, very good players). I ran like god in tht tourny, I feel embarassed to mention how mny times I sucked out....means I just cudnt loose.
My boy had 20% swap with me so in the end I made 25kish net profit after deducting his 20% and all the buy ins, for ocne not a bad Sunday, infact a very good one :)
I am now well set up for Vegas, in the sense I am mentally prepared to loose watever loot I am taking there, I am not pushing my BR and even if I dont cash in anything it wont hurt me at all (I wont hv to drop down in limits). The plan is to play online tonight and tomorrow and then take sometime off before I goto Vegas. I hv lot of plans and goals for the summer which I will write in another post.
Time to go run some errands....

2 comments:

Mrz said...

Wow. Congrats.
Let "us" know which WSOP events you're going to play so we'll be able to follow your games!

Good luck.

Unknown said...

Sick score bro..awesome job

u pretty much own the 100 R all over,Pls teach me how to win one,one win would be enough for me :-)

Hope to see u in vegas//