Wednesday, May 30, 2007

No Deal

I was offered a backing deal and after much negotiation the final terms of the deal were- Complete backing for both live and online poker (this includes all wsop events adding up to almost 40k+) at 40-60 with upgrade after a month to 50-50 with make up throughout, with me having the option to quit if I am in green after 8 months or buying out my make up at that point. 8 months is a long commitment, I am not good with commitments, hvnt had one in a long time, this had me nervous and scared. The other thing was I wud be playing for 50% of my online action for the next 8mnths, I am kind of person who doesn't even look at 2nd price in most tourneys I play....being backed, that Cherry on top wud be much smaller, that really kills my motivation. Thirdly I won the 150 FO at FT last night (well chopped it) for 14.6k, this gets me borderline comfortable for wsop, in a sense I can afford it. So in the end after much deliberation and discussion I rejected the deal....50% was far too much for such a big winner online like me to part with. I do appreciate the 2 phenoms who offered me this deal and will be open to future offers....one of the reason why I wanted to take the deal was, that these 2 players are truly good people and legends in online poker and there was much I could learn from then....hopefully I hv made the right decsion.

Like I said earlier I took down the 150 at FT but overall I did good in other tournies I played as well. Cashed in 100r (made a donk resteal), 150 FO at PS (missed a royal str8 flush draw) and as u guys must hv seen lost a sick pot in the 1k. But for the 1k I had 500$ Lastlonger with 7 other people(all of them online phenoms), which suprisingly despite coming 75th in the relatively small field I won, so that was another 3500$ there.
All in all a good after a quite a while...

No comments: