Friday, May 25, 2007

New York

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my cousin sisiter and on her insisting I decided to goto NY last night itself. My cousin brother is on vacation in the US (he has been travelling all over the US with his family for the last mnth) and is making this final stop in NJ (where my cousin sister and his own sister lives). The plan was to meet him and his wife in NY and then head to NJ later in the night.
I took the evening amtrak (veyr comfortable=very expensive) and reached NY around 8. It was hot, humid and noisy, just the way I like it and for a moment it felt to me like I was in Calcutta. I walked around for 20 mins and was really amazed at the skyscrapers (I know how I sound...lol). I met up with my cousin brother in Ethiopian reseruant somehwere close to time square. They were four of us, and the general talk was as expected centred around what am I going to do after graduation. My brother is well travelled and has a succesfful business, his suggestion was that I finish my MBA before coming back to India. To make things worse, his other cousin who works in NY was the 4th person in the group, she is an Harvard MBA and is working for top investment fund. She was however every intrigued with poker (she had a partypoker acct back in the day with sn littleg, though she played only play money tables) and the fact that I was taking time off from school to go and play the wsop...my brother and sister in law and had a look of wtf r u talking about....lol. Dinner was so so...but after tht we went to Time Square and tht was truly wonderful, I actually saw a number of rickshaws WOW didnt know they had those in the US. We walked around tht area for a while before heading to my cousin's cousin (ugh, forgot her name) manhattan penthouse on the 30th floor with a sick KILLER VIEW of the city. There we had some coffee before going to train station and taking the train back to NJ.
Today been mostly boring, not much going on besides me wrestling with my nephews (there are 4 of them), we went to see Pirates of carribean in the morning and after tht I hv just been chillin. There are plans to go out later tonight, but not sure if thts gonna happen...I shud be back for the weekends tomorrow though...man I need to play poker!

No comments: