Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Home Sweet home :)

I would like to start by thanking all the support I got during the wsop, especially the Main event, as most of u know I survived 3 days and eventually busted 450th for 29,883$. It was devastating to get eliminated but I am happy with my performance, after all I survived 4 hrs the last time I played the main event so this yr its been a huge improvement and next yr I am sure it will be better.I really dont want to discuss any hands from the last day at wsop (its too heartbreaking) but my bustout hand was my AQ vs QQ on a 8 T J flop for an avg stack pot.....I made a move on early position raiser and basically it can be assumed tht the money went all in pre ( I pot committed myself, had 110 or so and i put 65k or so pre....1st move I made in a long time, felt like I needed to chip up, sigh!). After busting I went immediately and shook hands with the villian(jking) Jason Holbrook, he is an inspiration to us all, depsite being blind he not only played superb but carried himself very well too. Its not easy to be sorrounded by so much media attention and distractions, people get easily carried away as they try to put up a show to get endorsements and other incentives but he was nothing less of class and it was very evident that all he wanted to do was play poker...It was an honor playing with him.

I am back in India now and the plan is to play as much poker as possible for the next 2mnths. I am being guided by one of the top online players, basically I am gonna become a complete siko soon, feels its been forever since I won something, ahhhhh. I hv 11 weeks of college left and will be returning to the US on sep 21st.....I made a big decision during the wsop, I love poker and am relatively good at it, so I hv decided tht I am turning pro once I am done with college....not sure how long i will be a pro for but I plan on giving it a decent run. WSOP was just amazing experience and it gave me the confidence tht I needed. It was just awesome to meet my peers and get all the respect and encouragement during the series. I feel the next few mnths are gonna be life changing....Just hv a feeling something good as is going to happen.

Here is the schedule of the major tournamanets for the next 2 mnths:
FTOP V:
Wednesday,Aug 8th, 21:00 ET NL Hold 'em $200 + $16 500,000
Saturday,Aug 11th,16:30 ET NL Hold 'emRebuy $100 + $9 $300,000
Sunday,Aug 12th,18:00 ET NL Hold 'em $300 + $22 $1,000,000
Monday,Aug 13th,21:00 ET NL Hold 'em 6-max $1,000 + $60 $1,000,000
Wednesday,Aug 15th,21:00 ET NL Hold 'em6-Max Rebuy $300 + $22 $450,000
Saturday,Aug 18th,15:00 ET NL Hold 'em $2,500 + $120 $600,000
Sunday,Aug 19th,18:00 ET Paul Wasicka NL Hold 'em $500 + $35 $2,000,000
(Although we hv a fmaily vacation planned in between.....trying to get out of tht)

August 24th-27th I am travelling to Manila for Asia Pacific open main event of 2500$, I will be going with my dad and we r planning to hv a small stop over at bangkok before we goto Manila. I really want to win a live event and this event seems perfect, small buy in and relatively small and weak field (except for Mr. Negreanu, he is contracted by Pokerstars and since this is a PS event, he is coming down)...I like my chances in this one :)

WCOOP.....(I love this series)
Sep.14 Friday 15:00 NL Hold'em [6-max] $215 $400,000
Sep.16 Sunday 16:30 NL Hold'em $530 $2,000,000
Sep.20 Thursday 15:00 NL Hold'em w/Rebuys $215 $1,000,000
Sep.21 Friday 15:00 NL Hold'em Match Play $320 $500,000
Sep.23 Sunday 16:30 NL Hold'em $1,050 $2,000,000
Sep.26 Wednesday 15:00 NL Hold'em [6-max] $320 $400,000
Sep.28 Friday 16:30 NL Hold'em Triple Shootout $530 $200,000
Sep.30 Sunday 16:30 NL Hold'em Main Event $2,600 $5,000,000

OCT-DEC 11th is college BS.....man I hate college, good news is, its gonna be all over soon (weeeeeeeeeeee)

Till FTOP starts I am rebuilding my roll...despite my cash in main event and winning 2 satellites to ME right before it started I am still down 30k from my peak (too much fun in Vegas and nasty downswing online)....but I feel focussed and ready to recover.
Also, I am gonna be updating a lot again.
P.S. Feel free to post comments, although I dont reply to them I really enjoy reading them.....keep them coming.

5 comments:

Mrz said...

Welcome back home!

I'd add you don't reply to your observers either!!! ;-)
Couple of times tried to say hello or something [ps: different screenname on FT than Mrz, on my signature]... but I guess multitabling keeps you busy..

I thought that cash was going to keep you with a + sign, but I've read in past posts that you like to have fun... guess vegas you can have fun :-)

So, whenever you'll be a top pro [if in the while I'll get better and better enough] remember of your early fan, and put him on a list of guys to teach, as this online pro (you didn't mention) is doing with you

:)

Have a nice time in India!

Rex55 said...

Adi,
You're making me miss India.
I am glad you are back home with your family, and I am even more excited with your decision to turn pro. I knew it was coming. =)

Obviously your roll will be back to healthy in a matter of one week, after you start pwning the 100r on stars again...yawn.

Bharat Mahaan!!!
-Rexy

Mrz said...

ps: btw you look like another person in the new pictures you put in the blog

Anonymous said...

I think the new pictures repersents a transformation from online world to liveplay world! right? Aditya?

Gyanam Hazarika said...

Jiyo mere lal...

u da man..